Saturday, December 10, 2011

Week Forty-Three: Out Of Hibernation

Hello, bloggy-types!

Yes, I know, it's been a while. I disappeared during November, but on the bright side, I've written my third novel.

It went better than I'd expected, actually. Especially since I had my busiest November on record, managing to finish 50,000 words has been quite the trip. I had very little idea as to what I wanted to do with my novel this year, and almost everything that I'd planned went straight out the window. I couldn't be happier.

As of now, I'm re-reading it, and to my surprise, there's actually some not-that-bad bits in there, including an argument that I particularly liked. Clearly, I'm going to need a lot of time to edit it into something coherent, but at least it's there. I had a really good time with it this year, and I'm really proud of my little fledgeling book-baby.

With the self-imposed challenge of BOW'11, I've obviously missed a handful of weeks, but that's okay, I think. My goal has been revised to post 52 times this year, so look forward to tons of posts until December 31st. Even though I technically failed the guidelines of this challenge, I don't really feel like it. I've posted roughly forty-three more times than I would have without attempting this mad project, and because of that, I have a window to look back at how I was feeling, what I was doing, and who I was throughout this past year, and in that case, it was totally worth it.

It's the Christmas-Yule season now, the house is decorated, and the holiday music is playing over the radio.

For now, I have to say goodbye. It's time to go get the tree, and we need to find the biggest, fattest tree we can, so I must go.

Look out for Whimsy's triumphant return, as I attempt to write 10 blog posts in three weeks.

Happy holidays!
~Whimsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.