Monday, March 8, 2010

True Colors, Guitar Playing, and Rainbows.

Life, love, laughter.
Rainbows.
Every year around this time, I get thrilled-to-the-point-of-bursting.
You see, True Colors is coming up. (FRIDAY!)
I'm rainbowizing a scarf with sharpies, while making certain that I have enough arm-warmers in bright colors to last through the two day event.
True Colors is a wonderful conference for LGBTQQIAA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and allies) youth.
I count myself both proud and lucky to be a veteran attendee, (this year will be my third one going), and I highly suggest to any and all of you that may read my blog to go.
http://ourtruecolors.org/
It's held in CT, on a collage campus.

This year, I am going to be attending with some of my queer friends (a new experience for me, since I'm used to just going with my moms and sister and pretty much doing my own thing.) Hanging out with them will be fun, since I don't get to see them that much throughout the year.

What an amazing maelstrom of rainbow clothing, joyous teens, enlightening workshops, great entertainment...I only wish it was year-round.

I will write about TC after I go, talking about my time at the conference this year.

Only four more days! :D
I can not wait.

Full of rainbows,
Whimsy

P.S. Video of me playing Rainbow Connection on my guitar. :)

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at your conference! Can't wait to read what it was about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day down (sadly) and one more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.