Monday, May 2, 2011

Week Eighteen: Shanta

Greetings, blog readers.

Years ago, when I was all of 5 years old, mum, dad, my sister and I went to pick out a family dog.

We went to this guy's house, and wayyyy in the backyard, there was a kennel with a literal PILE of dogs in it.
At the bottom of the pile, beaten down by her bigger brothers and her father was the only female dog in the litter, a beautiful husky with one blue and one brown eye.

We took her home and named her Shanta.

She lived with us for 13 wonderful years.
This past Friday, the most wonderful dog in the world passed on.

The house seems so empty now...

~Whimsy

P.S.
I've been reading all your comments, and I will reply VERY soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love when dogs have 2 different colored eyes. It makes for a very unique look! :) I'm glad that you had 13 happy years together! <3
    That's a long life for a big dog! She must have been awesome <3

    xoxo
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* <3<3 It's strange that we had pets pass on at the same time, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Whims :( We'll miss her tons.

    Love,
    Arc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and your family. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.