Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week Fifteen: Family

Family and community are concepts that (for me) lay incredibly close, at times intertwined. I don't have just one family, I have many.

My family is Mum, Nay, and Nessa (my sister, younger than me by three years.) We live in the same house, we talk all the time about everything, and we're all very, very close. Ever since I was born, it's pretty much been child-led anarchy over at my house. I love all of them dearly. (And they actually read this blog. Hello, family!) I tend to call them "my fambly", both in text and when I'm talking about them.

In addition to them, I have my (slightly more extended) family, including, but not limited to, my Grandma, my Pepe, his partner, and two great aunts. My family might be small, but the amount of love is anything but. These are the people with whom I burst at the seams to share good news.

If you've ever done theatre, I'm sure you're acquainted with the term "theatre family". I've had dozens of these over the years, since each show that you're a part of is different, the theatre family changes with each production.

There's my spiritual family, the group I've been meeting with eight times a year for over thirteen years. Even though I only see most of them at the celebrations, that certainly doesn't diminish the connection we all have.

Leave a comment talking about YOUR families) below! I'm quite interested!

Cheers!
~Whimsy

P.S. I'm now nineteen. Happy birthday to me! ^___^

3 comments:

  1. My family consists of me, my elder brother, my younger brother, my parents, and my grandma, along with various aunts, uncles, cousins, whatnot. We may not always get along, but we sure do have a good time! I love them all to bits.

    Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, I started a new blog, Rambling Zombies, and I would love for you to check it out. The address is http://ramblingzombies.blogspot.com/ Thanks! Oh, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is a little bit larger then yours ;D
    There is my close, close family- sisters Taylor (age 14) & Riley (age 11), Mom & Dad.

    Then there is my 6 (soon to be 7!) cousins- Ellamae (2), Maddie (13), Payne (11), Mimi (8), Megan (10) & Mackenzie (3). Then I have 2 grammas, a grampa, a step-grampa, a step-gramma, 3 aunts, 3 uncles, 2 great-grammas a great grampa... and some other ones that I see once a year at my great-gramma's Christmas party! Haha, sooo... I think I named them all! Not including my friend family (best friends- Graystorm (14), Jacob (15 almost 16) & Jake (17)). Teehee.. I think I wrote a too long comment!!
    But, anyhoo, my family is really fun! When we all hang out, we all have a blast!!! ;D
    *Hugs!*
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a similar definition of family. I had to learn how to make friends later in life because I was born with them. My cousins and my siblings were my friends growing up.

    I'm not even going to bother listing everyone, but I have my parents, maternal grandparents, 7 brothers and sisters, 13 nieces and nephews, innumerable aunts, uncles and cousins (though I have 3 cousins I hang out with whenever I get the chance), and such an insane number of people in my extended family our reunions and gatherings routinely have at least 50-100 people. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.