Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week Fourteen: Whimsy Has A Birthday!

This will be my last day, and last blog post as an 18 year old. While that's kind of weird, mostly it's really exciting. I always get really excited around my birthday.

I suppose it's because every year since I can ever remember, birthdays have been a big deal at my house.
When I was really little, we had birthday parties.
I have such great memories of those parties. One year, I wanted a puppy party. We ate party mix "kibbles and bits" from dog bowls, had large cardboard boxes to crawl inside, and we played fetch. Seriously, it was a little kid's idea of heaven. The photos from that party are ADORABLE. We've all got our faces painted, wearing pasta-necklace collars and we're wearing fake-fur ears.
Since we're a pretty dramatic theater-type family, birthday parties were always some sort of a production.
My sister's Winnie-The-Pooh party was another party I won't forget. We all got Pooh characters to portray, and I got Tigger. To get in character for this, I bounced EVERYWHERE. And I mean everywhere. Until I twisted my ankle. Bouncing got harder.

That's sort of how I've thrown myself into whatever it is at the time that I'm doing. Wildly excited, overly enthusiastic, a ice cream sundae of hyperactivity. And I love it.

This year, I'm going out to a used bookstore in the morning, and coming back in the evening to watch tons of Doctor Who and have a skype/blogTV party with my friends*.
This year, just as when I was six, I am bouncing with anticipation around the kitchen.
Let's hope I don't twist my ankle this time. ^__^

OhDearieMeTomorrowIsMyBirthday,
Whimsy

*Hey, when your friends live all over the world (and most are in NARNIA, or some such baloney), a skype party is the best kind of party to have.

5 comments:

  1. I will be there for the transfer of your birthday to mine ;)

    I'd be there earlier, but it's Hell Week >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herp derp, its about to get AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy!!! Happy birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful, fun day!!
    My birthday just passed (March 14th), and it was awesome! :) Birthdays are ALWAYS fun ;D
    *hugs!*
    Jordan @ Rainbow Veins

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paige
    It was CHARMING to see your username, my dear.

    @Luke
    Haha, that comment made me LAUGH like a crazy-person.

    @Jordan
    Ohh! Happy late birthday! Birthdays are loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Whimsy :) Birthdays are always fun! It's the only day where everybody is nice to you ;D Teehee <3
    *Hugs!*
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.