Saturday, January 1, 2011

BOW'11 Is Cool.

Hello, and welcome to 2011.
Last year in February, I started this blog. This is going to be another introductory-type post.

I'm Whimsy, I'm eighteen years old. I'm tall-ish, and I like dying my hair strange colors.
I have never gone to school, and yes, that includes college. Unschooled my whole life, and happy to be so!
I live in a small town in New England, in a house with my two mums, my sister, five cats, one dog, a fish and a turtle.
Writing, reading, playing guitar, video editing, teaching theater, acting, and generally being slightly nuts are my pastimes.
My favorite words are "vivid" "whimsicality" and "quirky", which is where my alias, Whimsy comes from.


This year, I hope to:
Continue on teaching theatre
Learn how to edit video better
Audition for a couple/few new theatre groups
Start an etsy shop
NOT FAIL AT BOW'11
Keep up on Doctor Who and Torchwood
Increase my fluency in ASL (or BECOME fluent, either works)
Write some new music
Re-vamp the layout on my blog, because lemons only look good for so long
Edit and get a proof copy of my NaNo from 2010
Outline, plot, and win NaNo2011
Earn some money in some way



Also, this year, I will be turning nineteen. For some reason, this feels INCREDIBLY old.

Here's to a new year, a blank page, and lots of friends to help fill it in.
~Whimsy

P.S. Wow! Lots of people looking to do BOW'11! Thank you all for joining up, and if you haven't already joined, well, what are you waiting for? http://dft.ba/-BOW11

P.P.S. My newly Doctor Who crazed mind is SO AMUSED by the acronym BOW 11. Why? Because bow ties are cool. ^___^

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Let the fun begin! :D

    Also, yay for small New England towns XD It's so fun to watch people pronounce mine (Assonet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not fail at BOW'11. If you do I will ensure that Maureen sends the Monday Dragon after you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nick
    *ducks and hides from the BOW'11 gun*

    @Paige
    I feel stupid, but now I'm second-guessing my first thought of pronouncing Assonet (Ass-oh-net).

    @Rachel
    Somehow, I do not doubt that you will send MJ's dragon after me. I don't doubt it at all. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. omfg you're so ancient. Give up now and go check into a nursing home.

    Also, fezzes are cool.

    111 days (ish) until series 6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michael
    I know, I know. I'm taking out my dentures and heading off to bed right now.

    But really, for some reason, nineteen (as opposed to eighteen) always seemed like The Age Where You Are Really An Adult And Must Do Adult Things.

    Fezzes ARE cool, but I really want a bow tie.

    AHHH, I can't wait for series 6!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.