Thursday, August 12, 2010

BEDA, Day 12: Shy-On-The-Inside

So, readers, I want to have a talk with you.

I want to talk about being shy.

I'm shy.

It's not that I don't like people, I do, a lot. It's just that being in social situations makes me nerved up. Before I go to a place, even a friend's house, I get nervous and anxious. Even if I'm comfortable around the people that I'm hanging around with. Even if I've known them for my entire life. It can kinda be a problem sometimes.

It's not that I don't want to be the center of attention. I'm a naturally dramatic theatre geek. I thrive onstage, preferably in parts where I can be as insane as humanly possible. Or where I can yell in Shakespere's language.

It's not even that I lack self-confidence. I'm pretty damn self-confident, actually. I feel no fear in voicing unpopular opinions, wearing strange clothing, and generally being my quirky self.

It's not even that you can tell that I'm feeling awkward. I've done such a good job covering my nerves, that people who know me peripherally don't even give the fact that I might be shy a thought.

Hell, I'm even shy ONLINE. I (over)think before I sent private messages to friends, or join a new forum, or write a "hey, it's me" post. (You are lucky that I'm my least-shy on here.)

No, dear readers. (Good god, I need a better name for you all. This is getting absurd, now.)

I am, quite simply, shy-on-the-inside. It takes a lot of effort for me to insert myself into a conversation. I can take quite a bit for me to make new friends, although I try hard.

In addition to this, I have ADD, and keeping focus on ANYTHING for more than three seconds at a time can be very hard.

I really like people, and I like spending time with them. It can just be hard for me not to feel awkward.

So, my QE for you today is this:

Are you introverted of extroverted?

Also, are you shy-on-the-outside, shy-on-the-inside, or not-shy-at-all?

I am interested to know.

Shyly,
Whimsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.