Thursday, August 19, 2010

BEDA, Day 19: All the answers in the world...not really.

The Answers!


One: If I could pick three stores to shop at, they would be Staples (office supplies), Barnes and Nobel (books), and Claire's (accessories).


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
Office supplies are wonderful. I LOVE going and looking though all the goodies. Barnes and Nobel, for obvious reasons (BOOKSBOOKSBOOKS), and Claire's might surprise you. However, I do get a surprising amount of my accessories from there (so many rainbows). It would be more accurate to switch Claire's out for a thrift store, since that REALLY is where I get %98 of my clothing, but heck, whatever.


Two: I hate reality TV, like Project Runway and Last Comic Standing.

THIS FACT IS FALSE!
Oh Project Runway, how I love thee. Yeah, my one weakness is reality TV. I watch it. It's true. For those of you who got it, what gave me away? XD



Three: My first online community was Neopets.com.


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
I met a friend on there, and we're still friends, almost 5 years later, but we have never met in person. CURSE THE FACT WE LIVE IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES! I even remember all my pets names, and everything.


Four: I've gone rock climbing.

THIS FACT IS TRUE!
I've gone rock climbing, this is true. It was terrifying and awesome at the same time. It was an indoor place, so no ACTUAL rocks, but the "cliffs" that I was climbing were about...20-25 feet high? When you look down, that is one scary view. I want to do it again sometime.



Five: I have a scar on my knee from nothing but my own idiocy.


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
Well, sorta. Idiocy cannot cause scarring. However, getting hurt because you were BEING an idiot...that can happen.
Sensetive souls, skip to next paragraph.
I was riding a scooter down my (very steep, very dirt) driveway, keep in mind that this scooter had no brakes and deflated tires. I had a very bright idea that if I set up a really big rock in the path and ran my scooter at is, yanked up my scooter and popped a wheelie I could fly.
I realize this is a bad idea. I was young.
I tried to get my sister to attempt this plan, but she was not having any of this. (Three years younger, and so much wiser...) So, in lieu of her, I decided to do it.
I went down like the proverbial rock, and didn't even know I was hurt until I looked down and saw a hole in my knee. A trip to the ER was needed, and they dug the gravel out of my knee. I now have a round nasty evil scar, and there's no great "war story" about how I got it. I usually try to say "oh, it's my own stupidity" when asked, and then I tell the story. Yeah.



Six: I have met Niel Cicierega. (The Potter Puppet Pals creator)


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
I even got him to sign a t-shirt of mine. This was at a wizard rock show where Potter Puppet Pals preformed live. So awesome, so amazing, so fun. Those puppets are bigger than you think they are...


Seven: I am allergic to guinea pigs, hamsters, hedgehogs, horses, cows, certain dogs and cats, dust, hay, and seasonal allergens. However, I am NOT allergic to gerbils.

THIS FACT IS TRUE!
I used to ride horses, and I grew terribly allergic to them over time, to the point that I wore dust masks when I rode. I gave it up eventually, but I really do miss it. Trust me, if I could be on a horse without being a total mess, I would be on one today.



Eight: People have asked me if I wasn't in school because I was stupid, if I was adopted and if I was Amish.


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
Some people are hilarious in their ignorance.
I can't blame the people who thought I was adopted, though. They had never met my dad, so they thought that I JUST had two moms. We were both confused, and then I realized what they had meant and started to laugh. All was well in the end, but the misunderstanding was amusing.


Nine: I will pick pretzels over cookies. Every time.

THIS FACT IS TRUE!
Oh, god, those pretzels you get at the mall...SO GOOD. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner...only not really, because only eating carbs = bad. *sigh*
Any cookie pales in comparison.



Ten: I have only been told once that I look like my dad.


THIS FACT IS TRUE!
While I have been told time and time again that I look like my mom (Biological mom, that is), I have only been told once that I look like my dad. For this, I am very greatful. XD


~~~~

Well, my friends, this is where I leave you for today!

See you tomorrow,

~Whimsy

P.S.
What's the strangest question that you've been asked?

P.P.S. If you folks EVER have any questions (strange or not), ask away. I may even do a full post in reply to the question, but I will certainly answer in some form (commenting back, etc).

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky that you can still eat pretzels and cookies and such! I recently found out that I was gluten intolerant, so no more pretzels for me! Oh well. Skinnier pants, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elle:
    I can still eat pretzels, cookies and the like, but I have to eat less of them. (stupid low-carb diet)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.