Monday, August 30, 2010

BEDA, Day 30: The Return of the Whimsy!

So, BEDA-ians. This is my next-to-last BEDA post!

I had a wonderful time at the unschooling conference, I really did.

I went to talks, made new friends, re-connected with old ones, gave out a million and one hugs, did the Time Warp (again) and danced madly with many awesome people.

I sang, played guitar, frolicked, saw live music, played theater games, tie-dyed and made art.

I talked about books, writing, unschooling, college, LGBT whatnot, facebook, twitter, activist things, philosophy, religon, education and more.

I played Werewolves (like mafia) until 4 in the morning, I made a duct tape rose, swapped out old things for new things, watched a talent show, learned some sign language, and had an amazing time.

Nobody asked me if I had friends, or what grade I was in, or if I was going to college, or why I wasn't in school.

It was great.

I am tired now, since the earliest I got to bed during the whole trip was 2:30am, even though I slept until ONE IN THE AFTERNOON today.

So many people who I get to see not enough. Ah, such is life, and in my life, too many friends in my life live far too far away for me to hop in the car and drive out to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.