Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BEDA, Day 25: Three Part Blog

Greetings, blog-friends, this blog comes to you in THREE PARTS!

Part One: Packing

Part Two: Sad news

Part Three: Images

-------

Part One: Packing

Today, I am packing up.
"Where are you going, Miss Whimsy?" you ask.

I am going to an unschooler's conference.

Now, packing for an unschooler's conference is very different than packing for a normal vacation.

For a normal vacation, you need clothing, personal hygiene products and money to spend on tourist trinket stuff.

For an unschooler's conference, my list includes (in addition to the above items), my guitar, rolls of duct tape, as many hats as can fit in the car, Artist Trading Cards, a pack of sharpies, old cd's, and things to tie-dye.

There is a concrete reason for all of those items.

My guitar: Used so that I can play along with my friend, and perhaps at the talent show one of the nights. This will be the first year I'm bringing an instrument.

Rolls of Duct Tape: There's a funshop (like workshop, only not) all about duct tape. I'm bringing my own stash so I can make epic things happen.

As many hats as I can: I have QUITE a collection of hats, and I wear them all proudly. These will be simply accessories to my ensembles.

Artist Trading Cards: are little works of art that one makes, then trades for other little works of art. I have a three ring binder full of them, and hope to get some more before returning home.

A pack of Sharpies: The first year I went to the conference, I saw that sharpies were a theme. One used them to draw Hug Buttons on your skin,(when someone pushes the Hug Button, you give them a hug), to color your hair (yes, this works), and to write on clothing. Every year since, I have brought my own pack.

Old CD's: For the Media Exchange. You bring in YOUR old stuff, and other people bring in their old stuff, and you swap. Then, everyone ends up with new stuff, and you've recycled.

Things To Tie-Dye: You may have guessed that there will be tie-dying at the conference. You're right. ^_^

I really can't wait. There will be much awesome.

Part Two: Sad News
Esther Earl turned 16 less than two months ago. In her life, she made the world suck so much less. She was instrumental in helping the Harry Potter Alliance win $250,000. I met her once, through a skype call. She was so kind and happy, despite the battle she was fighing against cancer. At 3:30 this morning, Esther Earl passed on. Today, Nerdfightaria lost a completely made-of-awesome member. We will ALL remember Esther.

If you want to leave her family a message, you can do so here.

Part Three: Images

Here is a photo of The Elusive Whimsy!

Yes, I really look like that.
*Shakes head no*

Okay, I lied. I look like this:

Yeah. More of what you thought?
Thought so.


Anyway, see you later, bloggians.
I have to go pack up!

~Whimsy

P.S. Look for exciting news in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They taste delicious on toast. Also, I read and reply to every comment.